Julie from Word Flows, a very awesome woman, received the Very Inspiring Blogger Award (yay!) and was kind enough to pass it on to me! I love awards! Giving them and receiving them, of course, before you think me too conceited! Normally this is where I attempt to be modest, but I’m just going to accept this award with grace 🙂
There are three rules to accepting this baby:
1. Thank the person who gave it to you.
2. Write seven things about yourself.
3. Nominate 7 blogs.
Thank you very much, Julie! You are doubly awesome because we have the same name. (For all those who don’t know, Julie is my first name. Gabrielle is my middle name.) You certainly deserved this award!
Seven things about myself:
1. I love magazines. I mean I love them. Right now I subscribe to six (Lucky, Equus, Horse Illustrated, Young Rider, Writers Digest, and Dressage Today). It’s because I really love reading, but I also love pictures. Heck, I still read picture books to this day, I like pictures that much. For the same reason, I also love comic books.
2. I have an addiction to Oreos and Dr. Pepper. I can’t have one without craving the other. I just had some Oreos a few minutes ago, and now I want Dr. Pepper sooo bad.
3. My pajamas have the Grinch on them. I am the most stalwart Grinch fan in the world. It doesn’t have to be Christmas for me to whip out How the Grinch Stole Christmas. Don’t shoot me for saying so, but it just may be more classic than “It’s a Wonderful Life.”
4. I have chronic hallucinations. When I got sick as a child, I was constantly hallucinating. I have no idea why. Even how when I get sick, I hallucinate the craziest things. The last time I was sick I thought my bed was floating in the middle of the ocean. (I don’t know if I should be telling you this, because I sound like a whackadoo). Ahem. Moving on.
5. My big sister just invited me to Pinterest, and the Pin It button is the coolest thing ever. I’m making a board of “Books Worth Reading.” It’s a lot of fun, being able to grab pictures from any website that I go to. I’m going to have a lot of fun with this.
6. One of my writing buddies – the one I was squealing over because I found out she lives nearby – and I are writing a novel together. I’m excited out of my mind about it. We’re going to start plotting the book out this weekend.
7. I really want to hold a) anaconda, b) boa constrictor, c) python. I need to hold some sort of giant snake before I get too old to enjoy the thrill anymore. Snakes are one of the coolest animals ever, other than horses and dogs.
Nominate 7 blogs (in no particular order):
1. Life in Limbo. This blog is absolutely awesome. The writer, Stephanie, is sweet and smart, shares the yummiest recipes, and is all-around upbeat and, of course, inspiring! I love reading her blog, and I love counting her as a friend.
2. Novel Ideas. Ally is a huge inspiration simply because she does so much! She writes, runs track, plays guitar, reads books and writes reviews, and who knows how many other things! Every time I want to complain that I don’t have time to write, I think of Ally and shut my mouth.
3. The Castro Indie. B is one of my besties, although she has a habit of falling off the face of the earth for many weeks at a time. I love her. ‘Nuff said.
4. Writer Unboxed. Um, only one of the greatest writing sites ever! I love this blog. It’s super informative and interesting, and when I get updates from it in my email inbox, it’s a nice kick in my butt to get me up and writing for the day. If that’s not inspiring, I don’t know what is.
5. These Immortal Words. Juan, too, has fallen off the face of the earth a little bit, but I’ll cut him some slack because it’s easy to get caught up in all the other crap in life that needs to be done. His writing is hilarious and clever and edgy. I like it.
6. So It Must be True. I adore this blog like I adore Oreos. And I just realized when I went to grab the URL for it that we have the same theme! Yeah! Anyway, Valerie Moses, the awesome author, writes posts that make you think, make you laugh, and make you want to get off your lazy booty and write something that nice, too. I love her Freshman 15 and Friday 5 series. They’re great. You should go read them.
7. Thoughts of a Shieldmaiden. If my memory serves correct, I’ve know Mirriam for about four years. First we bonded (okay, became acquainted) over horses, and then found we had other things in common. Mirriam is awesome. She writes books, writes a column for a magazine, draws INSANELY AMAZINGLY (yes, I am jealous; I’m just gonna own it), and writes her awesome blog. Plus, she loves writing letters. Good old put-em-in-the-mailbox letters. It doesn’t get much better.
There you have it, folks! Thanks again, Julie!